Saturday, July 19, 2008

Netroots Neighborhood?

Does anyone seriously give a hoot about NetrootsNation? (formerly YearlyKos after its eponymous narcissistic founder) Maybe they should call it NetrootsNeighborhood, after all, its only attracting a few thousand people out of the 300 mill who live here.

Over at NN, so I've heard, they're actually debating who's more powerful, a bunch of pajama pontificates or elected officials like Harold Ford, current head of the DLC. (Uh, note to the shower-less wonders: put down the Cheerios and pick up a newspaper and yes, they still exist. Elected officials actually pass laws instead of mocking them from the safety of mommy's basement.)

Look, as a PUMA, I'd love to believe that tapping away online will save Hillary. But, unlike the Blogger Boyz, I have a life. In the real world, causes, including elections are won on the street. You have to get out and talk to people instead of IM-ing the like-minded. That's why I tell people IN PERSON why I'm supporting a REAL ROLL CALL VOTE and what they can do to help.

I'd say more but it's Saturday and my real life kids and spouse are in the pool. Needless to say, I haven't watched any of the feed from NN, nor do I plan to.

People who do should get dressed, take a walk, and talk to one or two of those odd looking fur-free creatures that walk upright. Amazingly, those hairless two-legged freaks talk back, unlike the four-legged fuzzy wonders the NN crowd is used to. Fascinating, Captain.

No comments: